2016 Posidonia Golf Tournament confirmed
On Sunday June 5 2016, one day before Posidonia 2016 kicks off, the Glyfada Golf Club of Athens will open its doors to keen golfers from the shipping community for the 3rd Posidonia Golf Tournament sponsored by Thenamaris and Costamare, powered by Costa Navarino and held under the auspices of Posidonia Exhibitions.
The Tournament format will be an 18-hole Shotgun for up to 24 teams of 4 players each. Companies and associations from all sectors of the maritime industry are invited to register their teams by 10 May 2016. Individual players can also register, and the organisers will try to create teams for them to participate in the Tournament.
As in previous years, it is expected that senior personalities from the world of shipping, finance and trade will participate at the Posidonia Golf Tournament, creating networking opportunities in a relaxed and enjoyable environment.
An evening reception and awards ceremony will be held on the Sunday evening at an elegant venue nearby, where the first three winning golf teams will be announced with team members receiving trophies.
A) For Teams:
- Members of companies and associations of the global shipping community are eligible for participation at the Posidonia Golf Tournament. To register, a team must have at least 2 players and no more than 4 players.
- For teams with less than 4 players, the organisers may propose additional players to join the team.
- The registration fee for a team is €500 +23% VAT
B) For Individual players:
- Members of companies and associations of the global shipping community may register as individuals to participate in the Tournament, but their registration will only be confirmed for participation if the organisers of the event are able to arrange for their inclusion in one of the teams participating in the Tournament.
- Individual players will be included in either existing confirmed teams with less than 4 players or in teams that will be formed by 4 players who have registered as individuals.
- Individual players will not be invoiced until their participation in a team can be confirmed. When individual players receive confirmation of an available place in a team, their entry will be accepted only once full fee payment has been received.
- The registration fee for an individual is: €150 +23% VAT
2016 Golf Tournament Registration Forms for teams and individuals will be available shortly.
2016 Posidonia Golf Tournament Schedule:
Registration 7:30-9:00 am
Practice 7:30-8:30 am
Breakfast 7:30-9:00 am
Reading of rules 9:00 am
Shotgun start 9:30 am
Lunch 14:30 pm
Evening Reception and Awards Ceremony from 18:30 pm to 21:30 pm at a venue to be announced.
Estimated time of prize-giving 19:30 pm
For more info, please contact email@example.com